What to Order for Lunch, Tough Decisions
When you’re in the office or at home and don’t know what to order for lunch, consider items that will get you through your day, not just hold you over! There are many options to consider, but make sure you’re consuming your daily doses of protein and vitamins!
When considering what to order for lunch, keep the four basic food groups in mind, and you’ll do fine at picking your lunch takeout food. The following article will certainly explain many delicious lunch options, as well as discuss the best lunch eats, the best food for lunch delivery, as well as lunch takeout!
There are so many lunch options available to us with delivery/carryout services, the sheer number of fast food restaurants, delis, diners, pizzerias, submarine sandwich shops, among many other eateries. Delivery is always a fantastic lunch takeout option, especially when you are in the middle of a work shift!
Most people only get a half hour lunch break. Thirty minutes is not a long time, especially when you didn’t brown bag lunch eats for the day!
With the time you are spending driving around searching for lunch eats, you could already be enjoying a delicious lunch that has already been delivered to you!
Lunch delivery services make things so much easier for us when determining what to order for lunch at work!
So, order that delicious lunch about a half an hour prior to clocking out for your half hour break, this way, your food will arrive with enough time left over to enjoy your lunch delivery! All that is left now is to decide what to order for lunch!
Top 30 Lunch Dishes Including Vegan and Vegetarian Options
- Classic Cheeseburger (Meat patty on a bun, with lettuce, tomato, mayo, pickles, sometimes mustard or ketchup)
- Crispy Fish Sandwich (Fried up fish, with lettuce tomato and mayo on French bread or regular sandwich bread or a Kaiser roll)
- Chicken Teriyaki (Chicken served on a bed of lettuce with fresh radish slices; a classic dish)
- Chicken Parmesan (with garlic bread, and a side salad)
- Boneless Buffalo Chicken Wings (Served with blue cheese dip and celery sticks)
- Cobb salad (Large plate salad; ham bits, eggs, lettuce, blue cheese bits, cheddar cheese shavings, etc.)
- Chicken Caesar salad (Romaine lettuce, with Caesar dressing and croutons)
- General Tso’s Chicken (Chinese dish; with white rice)
- Sweet and Sour Chicken (Chinese dish with a sweet and sour gooey sauce)
- Kung Pao Chicken (Brown mild to spicy sauce, over chunks of chicken with peas, water chestnuts, peanuts, carrots, and celery, etc.)
- Beef Lo Mein (Beef strips in the large lo Mein noodles)
- Quick Chicken Tikka Masala (Indian dish; sautéed ground pork)
- Ground Beef Tacos (Tex-Mex flavors, nothing but seasoned ground beef in a hard shell will do.)
- Shawarma Spicy Chicken Pita (Middle Eastern food; served with Tahini-Yogurt Sauce)
- Chicken Fried Rice with Broccoli (Chinese dish, sometimes with roasted broccoli or snow peas, carrots)
- Turkey Bagel (Whole wheat bagel with mayo, cheddar cheese, spinach, tomato)
- Tuna Bagel (Tuna mixture, tomato, and lettuce on a fresh egg bagel)
- Roasted chicken Wrap (Thin pita wrap with roasted chicken chunks, tomato, lettuce, and cheese, and mayo)
- Pad Thai (Large thick noodles with a Pad Thai peanut sauce)
- Coconut Chicken Curry (Curry with ginger and garlic; topped with mustard cashew mix)
- Fried Fish Sandwich (on a bun with pickle slices, tartar sauce)
- Fried Chicken (Served with cornbread, mac and cheese, cole slaw, mashed potatoes)
- Lamb Gyro (Lamb chunks, feta cheese, spinach, sprouts and mayo, wrapped in a large fluffy pita bread wrap)
Best Types of Food Categories for Lunch
When you eat a certain way at lunch, you want to make sure you’re getting appropriate nutrition when you order delivery. By doing so, you’ll feel better and have the right amount of energy to get through the afternoon, until the time you eat dinner.
The following kinds of foods for lunch eats will help you rid of any other cravings and snacking before you head home for the evening.
- Complex carbs (Whole wheat bread, sweet potatoes)
- Protein (Chicken, fish, eggs)
- Low-fat dairy (Milk, yogurt, hard cheeses but low fat)
When you start to feel hungry and it’s almost lunch time at the office, or wherever you are, don’t reach for candies and cookies. Try to stick to a regimen where you select one of the three slated tips when picking a certain lunch time dish.
When you stick to one of these foods for lunch, you’ll be able to wait until dinner to eat, and won’t be hungry for the remainder of your day.
Complex Carbs Help Keep You Full
Not all carbs are bad, and they really aren’t terrible for you, as long as you engage in daily moderate exercise, otherwise carbs just turn to sugar and put weight on you. Your body digests carbohydrates slower, so this keeps your stomach feeling nice and full throughout your day! Stick to whole grain kind of breads, this can help your GI tract best.
Proteins Promote a Healthy Body, and are Perfect for Lunch
Another type of food that is crucial to a great lunch is protein. You can get your protein from a variety of meats and beans. Proteins are essential to have in your lunch takeout or lunch delivery. Many salads for takeout or delivery would be ideal, as you can have a variety of these items sprinkled throughout your lettuce leaves.
- Lima beans
- Pinto beans
- Kidney beans
- Navy beans
- Lean beefs
Low-fat Dairy and Fruits—Ways to Get What You Need during Lunch
Cheese is a great food that will keep you full. There are also low fat cheeses and yogurt options if you don’t want cheese or milk. Yogurt provides probiotics as well.
Cheese can be good fat, as long as it’s a harder cheese and never processed. Cheese sticks are great to snack on, if you must have something before, during, or even after lunch.
Fruits on the Side or Incorporated into Lunch take-out
Even though there is sugar in fruits, it’s nothing like eating candy bars or other sugary creations. Adding some fruit to your lunch option is a great dessert or on the side of your sandwich or other lunch time meal.
Here are the best fruit options to have during lunch hour:
Corporate Lunch Ideas for Takeout
In the workplace, many companies today are offering free lunches and catering for meetings. These are extra perks to the long work day. If you’re ordering delivery for a large group, you want it to be versatile, so it accommodates everyone’s food needs.
This means there should be vegetables or some sort of tofu, meats like chicken are best for those who aren’t vegan, and probably a fruit salad, and rice or noodles as well. A variety of foods offer the opportunity for employee’s options.
So, lunch time take-out and delivery can be quite simple if you go with a bowl idea. Everyone can get what they want and try a bit of everything. This can be done easily with a Deli platter, Chinese, and Mexican foods.
Boxed lunches with sandwiches are also a great option for workers. No matter what you choose, try and stick to variety and healthier options. Make sure they are protein packed.
- Deli sandwiches
- Poke bowls
- Noodle dishes
- Rice dishes
- Fruit dishes
If you’re not ordering for many people, and it’s just you or your immediate family, lunch takeout can be more of a daunting task—especially when there are always way too many options. A great lunchtime meal could be a salad with many topping and a meat, or you could do a Classic Chinese chicken or noodle dish, or a cheeseburger.
If you see something that looks delicious on the list above—what are you waiting for? Order some lunch delivery today! You’ll be good to go for the remainder of your work day, or day off at home!
- Putnal, Olivia. “What You Should Be Eating for Lunch.” https://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/nutrition/advice/a2317/what-you-should-be-eating-for-lunch-115783/
- “51 Takeout-Inspired Recipes That’ll Make You Drop That Delivery Menu; Fast, fresh dinners inspired by our favorite delivery foods.” https://www.epicurious.com/recipes-menus/how-to-cook-takeout-at-home-gallery.
- Milbrath, Sam. “Delicious, Health Corporate Lunch Catering Ideas.” https://www.food.ee/blog/delicious-healthy-corporate-lunch-catering-ideas/
- Goldman, Heath. “50 Easy Lunch Ideas for Stressed-Out People.” https://www.purewow.com/food/easy-fast-lunch-recipes.
- Baz, Molly. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chicken-teriyaki
- “8 Healthy Lunch Ideas That Will Actually Keep You Full Until Dinner.” https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/healthy/g960/healthy-lunch-ideas/.