To our Kitchen United Mix community,
We have been closely following news reports surrounding COVID-19, often referred to as coronavirus. Your health and safety as customers, team members, and restaurants are top priority for us. Thank you for trusting our restaurant partners to continue providing you with top-notch to-go food and a high-quality to-go experience. To further address any questions you may have, we wanted to share with you some insights into what is being done to mitigate risk surrounding this virus.
While Kitchen United Mix team members are always held to a high standard of cleanliness, we are taking extra measures to help ensure all parties feel safe and protected.
In addition to the CDC’s recommended procedures, at all Kitchen United Mix facilities we have instituted the following practices:
- Extra hand sanitizing stations in the front and back of house
- Team members wear gloves during working hours
- Increased cleaning of the order kiosks
- Rigorous, frequent hand-washing and sanitization of all public areas
- We are encouraging all team members who feel sick or uneasy to stay at home
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the best source of information and guidance on this topic, and they have made clear that taking preventive measures is imperative to prevent the spread of COVID-19, similar to the flu. It is always a good idea to practice healthy habits to help prevent the spread of any germs. The CDC recommends these everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
For more information on these and other healthy habits, visit www.cdc.gov.
Thank you again for your continued understanding. We may yet further update our store policies and operations and will strive to communicate any further changes to you and the rest of our community as we do.
The Kitchen United Mix Team